How does it work?
The new free open source scanner identifies open source code hidden within your own proprietary code. The scan runs locally, keeping the scanned code fully secure. The results of the scan may also be imported into White Source Software cloud-based Open Source Lifecycle Management service, to be managed alongside other open source components.
Why should I use it?
The JNinka scanner is ideal for searching for open source code components that were cut and pasted into proprietary code, and were inadvertently not reported. Since it is based on common texts, the scanner does not require access to a huge and up to date database, and hence can be run off line, very quickly, and in private. The scanner produces an XML that can optionally be consumed by White Source's open source lifecycle management service.
How do I download JNinka Scanner?
To download JNinka from GitHub go to https://github.com/whitesource/jninka/downloads
White Source Benefits
- Nothing to install and customize
- Simple, modern SaaS requires no training
- Process automation unburdens your R&D
- Mitigates legal, business, and technical risks
- OSS lifecycle governance and compliance
- Proactive alerts on security and bug fixes
- 1-click reports for diligence for M&A, OEM
- Affordable and low TCO