Risk Analysis and Compliance Requirements for Open Source Licenses
In the pages below, you will find license information and risk analysis for some of the most common open source licenses.
We have categorized open source licenses according to the following 7 criteria: Copyright risk, Patent risk, Royalty requirements, CopyLeft, Linking options, and whether or not they comply with OSI’s Open Source Definition. In addition, we provide the full information about the license: source, URL, and the full license text. Where relevant, we summarize the notices required to comply.|
The information is provided according to our best understanding, and on an as-is basis, and does not constitute legal advice in any shape or form. In any event, you agree not to hold White Source liable for any potential damages. Please consult a legal expert before making any decisions open source licensing decisions.
White Source Benefits
- Nothing to install and customize
- Simple, modern SaaS requires no training
- Process automation unburdens your R&D
- Mitigates legal, business, and technical risks
- OSS lifecycle governance and compliance
- Proactive alerts on security and bug fixes
- 1-click reports for diligence for M&A, OEM
- Affordable and low TCO