Our WhiteSource Customer Support team continues to expand. We are looking for a Junior Engineer who is passionate about technology and learning about the challenges associated with security and compliance in open-source software. The ideal candidate is innately curious, has excellent communication skills and has a high aptitude for quickly learning new leading-edge technologies used in today’s SDLC practices.
In this role, you will provide support services to WhiteSource customers and prospects, assist with license resolution queries, troubleshoot, reproduce and devise workarounds to customer issues as well as escalating complex issues to senior staff and other departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience working with various operating systems (Windows/Linux/Unix)
- Knowledge of SaaS environments (AWS, MS Azure)
- Knowledge or exposure to programming environments (Java, Python)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communications skills in English (written and verbal)
- Willing to work flexible hours
Considered a plus:
- Experience with SDLC and DevOps tools (e.g. GitHub, Azure DevOps, Jenkins)
- Knowledge or exposure to Databases and SQL queries