WhiteSource is the only all-in-one security, compliance, and reporting solution for managing open source components. Operating in real-time, WhiteSource automatically and continuously scans dozens of open source repositories and cross-references this data directly against the open-source components.
WhiteSource is looking for a Technical Writer to lead our efforts in creating top-notch technical documentation & knowledge materials.
As a technical writer at WhiteSource, you will create and maintain our product documentation to assist customers and internal teams. Improve existing materials and generate content for our new features, as we’re now adding many exciting new capabilities to our products.
Work closely with multiple teams, mainly Product and R&D to capture the essence of the WhiteSource product for our customers and internal teams.
- Develop high-quality technical documentation, design and create top-quality content for our customers and customer-facing teams.
- Take a hands-on approach to understand the product and the field’s need in devising useful documentation; user guides, best practices, and product know-how to help customers make the most out of their WhiteSource products.
- Writing for a highly technical audience; including user manuals, workflows, installation guides, APIs, release notes, best practices, etc.
- Work closely with product managers and engineers; you will become a subject matter expert on WhiteSources’s products.
- Experienced technical writer with over 4 years of experience.
- Excellent technical skills and the ability to learn new technological domains fast.
- Technical writing experience for an enterprise B2B software company, preferably one that has a strong developer focus.
- Strong communication skills, business-oriented thinking, and the ability to translate complex messages from various departments into coherent communication.
- An ability to take end-to-end responsibility for initiating and completing writing assignments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Expertise with industry-standard single sourcing publishing tools, such as Flare, Author-it, Paligo – an advantage
- Familiarity with working in JIRA & Atlassian Confluence environments – an advantage.
- Programming and/or technical background – an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work within a team.
- Excellent ability to work independently and under pressure, maintain focus, multitask, and reach deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a proactive “go-getter”
- Willingness to learn new tools and technologies