WhiteSource is looking for a Technical Writer Lead to head the efforts of creating top-notch technical documentation & knowledge materials.
As a technical writer lead, you will help build and maintain our product documentation strategy that will impact both customers and internal teams. Be highly involved in improving the existing materials and generating content on new features, as we’re now adding many exciting new capabilities to our products.
Work closely with multiple teams, including Product, R&D, and customer-facing teams throughout the organization, to capture the essence of the WhiteSource product.
WhiteSource is the only all-in-one security, compliance, and reporting solution for managing open source components. Operating in real-time, WhiteSource automatically and continuously scans dozens of open source repositories and cross-references this data directly against the open-source components.
- Develop high-quality technical documentation, design and create top-quality content for our customers and customer-facing teams.
- Take a hands-on approach to understand the product and the field’s need in devising top-quality documentation; user guides, best practices, and product know-how to help customers make the most out of their WhiteSource products.
- Constantly improve the content materials to best accommodate our customers’ needs and bridge knowledge gaps.
- Create content for a highly technical audience and work closely with all global departments to create focused, targeted, action-driven content for the different stakeholders.
- Work closely with product managers and engineers; you will become a subject matter expert on WhiteSources’s products.
- Experienced technical writer with over 4 years of experience, working for an enterprise B2B software company, preferably one that has a strong developer focus.
- Excellent technical skills and the ability to learn new technological domains fast.
- Technical writing experience for an enterprise B2B software company, preferably one that has a strong developer focus.
- Strong communication skills, business-oriented thinking, and the ability to translate complex messages from various departments into coherent communication.
- An ability to take end-to-end responsibility for initiating and completing writing assignments.
- Native-level English – a must.
- Expertise with industry-standard single-sourcing publishing tools, such as Flare, Author-it, Paligo – an advantage
- Familiarity with working in JIRA & Atlassian Confluence environments – an advantage.
- Previous experience with analytics tools, measuring knowledge materials – an advantage.
- Work experience in instructional design and with instructional technologies, methodologies and tools – an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work within a team.
- Excellent ability to work independently and under pressure, maintain focus, multitask, and reach deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a proactive “go-getter”
- Willingness to learn new tools and technologies
- Programming and/or technical background – an advantage