WhiteSource’s mission is to help software development team to build better software, faster by harnessing the power of open source.
As a developer advocate you will play a key role in telling our story to the software development teams, and growing our influencers and contributions community. We are looking for a developer with plenty of positive energy, a desire to learn, and the ability to execute effectively. An approachable and easy-going person with great communication skills and excellent written and verbal communications.
- Evangelize WhiteSource through presentations, product demos, blog posts to increase awareness
- Identify and work with strategic technology partners and open source projects/foundations to strengthen our community relations
- Creating and being active in online community channels (GitHub, Stack Overflow, Reddit, Quora, Slack etc.)
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to deliver compelling content that the community values - including how-to guides, reference architectures, code samples, training, etc.; and help distribute the content across a variety of channels (web, social, blogs, etc.).
- A degree in computer science
- Experience is writing content, delivering presentations, managing meetups etc.
- Prior experience contributing to open source projects is a plus
- Previous experience in technical documentation or tutorials for a developer audience.
*Work samples (blogs/articles, videos, GitHub projects, code samples, etc.) should be submitted along with application to this role