Whitesource is looking for a DevOps Engineer to manage and operate our environments who is conversant in cloud technologies to help us create a well-tuned environment using smart, Service Oriented Architecture.
You will be working in a small, high efﬁciency team to build a product relationship and information management platform.
This is a very fast-paced role and we need energetic individuals that can work independently to build components for a large-scale system.
This is a great career opportunity to join a DevOps team of one of the fastest growing companies and get your hands dirty in all aspect of Configuration Management, Monitoring, Cloud Services, Big Data and Web development.
- Learn, implement or adapt new technologies to help our team with deployment and maintenance activities.
- Developing next generation cloud management systems with cutting edge technologies.
- Identify scaling issues with our current environments and recommend solutions for increased reliability and performance
- Deliver continued support, reliability and maximum uptime for our products, developers, employees and customers.
- First degree in Computer science or equivalent – an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with Splunk or other Log management systems.
- Application Operations or DevOps experience (at least 3 years).
- Experience in Web programming - an advantage
- Experience in working in Linux/Windows Server environments.
- Proven networking experience (load balancers, DNS, CDN etc…).
- Knowledge and experience in Python.
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following script languages: PowerShell, VBS, Batch.
- Knowledge and experience in monitoring systems – an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in Configuration Management Automation tools (Chef, Puppet, SaltStack, Ansible, etc.).
- Familiarity with virtualization – an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with AWS/Azure.
- Knowledge and experience in IT systems.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking operation.
- High self-learning ability.
- Excellent verbal and communications skills.
- A Team player with a ‘yes’ attitude and a smile.