WhiteSource is seeking a highly motivated & experienced Professional Services Engineer to develop customizations to enhance our product based on customers’ requirements, ensure successful implementation and integration of our solution, while providing excellent customer experience to WhiteSource Enterprise accounts.
This is a hands-on position, combining aspects of Development and Technical Skills, Consulting and Solution Architecture.
Note: The position is predominantly customer-facing that may involve travel.
Required Background & Professional Experience
· 3+ years of experience in a technically oriented, customer-facing role. For example: Solution Architect, Technical
Account Manager, Field Engineer, Professional Services Consultant etc.
· Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills (English).
· Clear understanding of the customizations development process from requirements gathering to delivery.
· Technical problem-solving orientation.
· Experience working with Enterprises and complex customers’ environments.
· Work closely with Product Management, Engineering, Sales and Customer Success teams.
· Ability to understand and transform business requirements to technical requirements, and vice versa.
· Be familiar with the whole SDLC and CI/CD environments.
· Experienced in developing customizations in Java and Python and writing scripts.
· Experience with continuous integration and SCM tools like Jenkins and GIT.
· Experience with server operating systems (Linux, Windows Server).
· Experience with SQL/relational DB (MySQL and MongoDB are an advantage).
· Understanding of networking concepts and management (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, firewalls).
· Experience working with REST API.
· Experience with Active Directory/SAML Integration.
· Understanding of Docker technology and container orchestration tools (Compose, Kubernetes).
· Hands-on proven experience in software solution customizations and scripting skills (Bash, Python, PowerShell).