WhiteSource, the leading provider of Open Source management solutions, is expanding the R&D team focusing on its developer integrations offering.
We are looking for a brilliant and independent Java & modern JS developer who will become the technical backbone of the team while building tools that will make it easy for developers to identify and reduce risks in their open-source dependencies as part of their development workflow.
- Develop and maintain production-level code being used by enterprise clients.
- Serve as the technical lead of the team –
- Influence the design and implementation of new features
- Introduce new technologies
- Promote modern development methodologies
- Mentor team members
- Assume ownership of Renovate – a well established community-backed open source project aimed at automating dependency updates.
- Attend customer calls to understand complex user cases and troubleshoot production issues.
- BA/BSc in computer science or related field
- +5 years of Java/#C development experience
- +1 years of modern JS development experience (ES6 and above)
- Well versed with Docker, Git, GitHub and CI/CD workflows
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Node.js/TypeScript – big advantage
- Experience developing IDE or CLI integrations
- Actively contributing to open source projects
- Web application development experience
- Familiarity with various package managers internals