The Company: WhiteSource helps businesses all over the world accelerate delivering secure applications at scale. We are a fast-growing company that is venture-backed with offices in Boston and Tel-Aviv. In addition to our offices, we have employees all over the globe. WhiteSource strives for a great culture that is employee-centric, inclusive, and engaging. WhiteSource is a company that lives by its values:
- We are Passionate about excellence
- We see the world from the Customer Perspective
- We are Better Together
The Position: We are seeking a passionate competitive intelligence/field professional to support our product and sales teams. This role is an individual contributor and will function as the competitive product leader within the WhiteSource product team.
In this role, you will be directly working with our product teams to guide roadmap decisions by developing a deep, nuanced understanding of the competition’s technical capabilities, primary GTM strategy/tactics, as well as why WhiteSource wins or loses vs. the competition in AST competitive scenarios. You will partner internally with senior leaders across Product Groups, Sales/Pre-Sales, Enablement, and Marketing as well as externally with strategic customers to achieve these objectives and scale to a global level.
This role requires deep technical knowledge of the AST landscape, its ecosystem, development languages, and a functional understanding of actual real-world deployments, extended use-cases, and customer motivations. The ultimate goal is to uncover new opportunities, strategies and tactics to enable Whitesource to win against the competition.
Location: United States (Home Office)
- You will be required to synthesize and formulate guidance from a variety of information levels and sources (technical, business, field, external) and regularly present key takeaways to the field and to senior leadership
- Provide a field-actionable, in-depth and ever-evolving understanding and analysis of the AST market relative to WhiteSource solutions and capabilities
- Provide tailored deal support (competitive surgeries & guidance), and develop a deep rapport with the field
- You will work closely with other stakeholders and teams at WhiteSource field leadership, sales ops, product, and marketing teams, functioning as a primary liaison for AST competition which includes development of competitive support material, building out a competitive lab, and competitive readiness plans.
- Make recommendations on sales tactics and product strategy to enable WhiteSource to win in the market.
- Will be expected to be a self-starter with an ownership mentality.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the AST market with emphasis on SCA and SAST areas
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience (Ideal candidates will have experience in at least TWO of the following): sales engineer/pre-sales, competitive intelligence, solution architect, product management, technical marketing, professional services, and technical support.
- Proven ability to synthesize complex technical concepts into field actionable guidance and executive summaries.
- Superior communication skills including experience presenting to senior & executive level management.
- Excellent people and project management skills to manage projects and interact/build rapport with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties
- Direct experience with customers (as a customer, or in a customer support or field role)
- Hands-on experience with products (either evaluating/testing or in production)
The Benefits: WhiteSource lives out its employee-centric culture by providing comprehensive benefits to its employees:
- Affordable Health Insurances (8 plans to choose from), Dental and Vision
- Generous PTO
- Generous 401K match plan
- Paid Parental Leave
WhiteSource is an EEO Employer.